Spiritual leadership assumes that all people have gifts the world needs and that everyone has access to power from within that can energize the community’s collective creativity and action. Congregations can be purposeful communities where we celebrate and share our gifts, where covenants are more than words on a website, and where we take faithful risks together that show us what is really possible together. Spiritual leadership transforms church work into spiritual growth, community building, and faithful action.
In this workshop, come explore the nature and practices of spiritual leadership, which can be brought back and applied in your congregation. Together, we will:
- Distinguish spiritual leadership from other forms of leadership;
- Name our own gifts and imagine how our congregations might better support everyone to name and deliver their gifts for collective well-being;
- Recognize covenanting as an active practice that builds community;
- Identify ways we can support each other in the inner work needed to show up as our best selves;
- Explore what it means to be inheritors and stewards of the Unitarian Universalist religious tradition; and
- Discern faithful next steps for our congregations in these times of great change.
This program is designed for religious professionals and lay people to build collective practice for collective action. Because shifts in congregational practice require sustained group effort, you are strongly encouraged to attend this workshop with a team of five or more.
LOCATION: First Parish in Framingham UU
Who is this workshop for? A workshop designed for boards, committees, church staff, newly nominated or elected leaders, and volunteers who want to tap their individual and collective power for living into the mission and purpose of their congregation.
PRESENTERS: Your New England Region UUA Staff Team
- Part I – Sept. 25, 2022 – 1:30 PM to 3:00PM (ET)
- Part II – Oct.23, 2022 – 1:30 PM to 3:00PM (ET)
- Part III – Nov. 20, 2022 – 1:30 PM to 3:00PM (ET)
- Attendee note, this a series that builds. When you register you are registering for all three parts of the series and should plan to come to all sessions.
- $30 per person. Each person who wishes to attend should register individually. There are no group registrations for this event
- You only need to register and pay the fee once for all three sessions
- If funds are limited and $30 is prohibitive, please copy and paste the discount code below that works best for you:
- For $5 off of your order use code: 5off
- For $10 off of your order use code: 10off
- For $15 off of your order use code: 15off
- For $20 off of your order use code: 20off
- For $25 off your order use code: 25off
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Friday, Sept. 16 or maximum capacity (50).
Register online: https://tinyurl.com/COSLEffectivePractices