First Parish Welcomes Spring at the Labyrinth
The Worship & Arts Council invites you to celebrate the Spring Equinox at our Labyrinth service. On this first evening of spring, day and night are perfectly balanced, and our thoughts turn toward Rebirth, the Coming Spring and Sowing the Seeds of Hope.
- We will call to the wisdom of the four directions
- We will observe the Earth’s turn toward increasing daylight and, once more, the Fertility of the Earth, in a Ceremony led by Reverend Hepler.
- We will sing hymns and prepare the soil to accept the Seeds of Hope.
- We’ll savor lemon cake and fruit, and take home brightly colored eggs and painted garden rocks to celebrate this pivotal time.
- And we will be reminded that there is Hope and Goodness in the World, and that each of us can be a Participant.
Meet at 5:30 at the Labyrinth, then go to the Memorial Room afterwards to enjoy refreshments. Some light gardening is involved so dress appropriately (long sleeves are advised). Bring hand gardening tools, especially cultivators, to turn the soil. We hope to see you there!
Sponsored by the Worship and Arts Council and Reverend Hepler